I.The official name of LED light bulb (LED energy-saving lamp) is rare earth tricolor compact fluorescent lamp, which was born in the Netherlands in the 1970s. Under the premise of achieving the same light energy output, this kind of light source only needs to consume 1/5 to 1/4 of the electricity consumption of ordinary incandescent lamp, which can save a large amount of lighting energy and cost, so it is called energy-saving light bulb.
II.An incandescent bulb has a luminous limit of 20 lumens per watt, or 30 lumens. We all know that 80% of the electrical energy of an incandescent bulb is converted to heat. So (30 lumens *(1-80%)) =6 lumens per watt
III.The luminous limit of LED bulbs is 50 lumens per watt (50 lumens ×(1-80%)÷1/5) =50 lumens per watt
The LED bulb's luminescence limit is 600 lumens, while most domestic manufacturers can produce 50-60 lumens per watt LED lamp.
It can be seen that as long as the LED luminous efficiency reaches 50 lumens/watt or above, it can be called a energy-saving light bulb.
Features of LED bulbs:
1. Voltage: LED USES low-voltage power supply, the supply voltage is 6-24v, according to the different products, so it is a safer power supply than using high-voltage power supply, especially for public places.
2. Efficiency: the energy consumption is 80% less than the incandescent lamp with the same luminous effect
3. Applicability: very small, each cell LED chip is 3-5mm square, so it can be prepared into various shapes of devices, and is suitable for volatile environment
4. Stability: 100,000 hours, 50% of the initial light decay
5. Response time: the response time of incandescent lamp is millisecond and that of LED lamp is nanosecond
6. Environmental pollution: no harmful metal mercury
7. Color: changing the current can change color. Led can easily adjust the band structure and band gap of the material through chemical modification, realizing multi-color luminescence of red, yellow, green, blue and orange. For example, LED, which is red when the current is small, can turn into orange, yellow, and finally green as the current increases
8. Price: the price of LED is relatively expensive. Compared with incandescent lamp, the price of several LED is comparable to that of one incandescent lamp.
The luminous efficiency of white LED lamp is 100 lumens/watt light decay less than 3% per 8,000 hours. In fact, users should be more concerned about LED light decay, because as long as the LED light decay reaches 10%, you can see the obvious dimming.