As one of the most recent lighting technologies, the advantages of LED are not only reflected in the luminous quality, but also in its production, production and ease of use, which greatly surpass the traditional light sources such as incandescent lamp and fluorescent lamp. Therefore, since its birth in the 1960s, LED has obtained considerable development and application. Compared with incandescent lamp, fluorescent lamp and other old generation luminous equipment, the advantages of LED are mainly reflected in the following aspects:
1. LED has no glass shell in the structure, and it does not need to be vacuumed or pumped into the tube like incandescent or fluorescent lamps. Therefore, it has good anti-seismic and impact resistance, which brings convenience to production, transportation and use.
2. The volume of LED components can be very small, which is more convenient for the layout and design of various equipment.
3. LED emission has a high concentration of light energy, which is concentrated in a small wavelength window with high purity.
4. LED components have a very long service life, generally ranging from 50,000 to 100,000 hours. Even frequent switching will not affect the service life.
5. LED response time is very fast, at the level of microseconds.
6. LED has very strong luminous directivity, and its brightness attenuation is much lower than that of traditional light source.
7. Do not add mercury in the production process of LED, which is very environmentally friendly.
8. LED can be driven by using low-voltage direct current, which has low requirements on the operating environment.
These advantages of LED lighting equipment not only lay a solid foundation for its extensive application in the field of daily lighting, but also create a way full of aspirations for LED to enter the field of display equipment.